Monday, June 27

10:07 a.m. – Traffic stop on W. Main St. The driver said that he was in a hurry to get to work and help his mother with a medical issue. He was cited for a stop sign violation and warned for other violations.

12:14 p.m. – To S. Mulberry St. for a report of phone harassment. A woman reported that her boyfriend moved out last week. She said that he is expecting a check from the IRS and that he has been texting her about the check. She said she wants him to stop. The boyfriend was contacted and advised that the woman would contact him when the check arrives. He was also advised against going to the home and looking in the mailbox for the check.

4:03 p.m. – To S. County Rd. 25A for a report of a fraud. A man reported that someone obtained student loans in his name. He said that his father received a letter from a lender asking the man to contact them because they were unable to locate him. He said that he contacted the company and learned that he owed more than $11,000 in student loans. He said the loans were for a man who used to work with his mother, and were secured in 2012. He said that he had a falling out with his mother, and that he believes she was involved in securing the loans. He said that he had asked the company for documentation of the loans and that they would arrive within 7-10 days and he would provide that information to the officer. He was provided with an Identity Theft packet.

4:44 p.m. – To Maplecrest Ave. A cab driver reported that she picked up passengers at a motel on Miller Lane. She said she took them to a store in the vicinity. While the passengers were in the store, she said she was poked by a syringe in a bag belonging to one of the passengers. She said she immediately drove home and called 911 on the way. The officer found two bent spoons and an uncapped syringe along with other miscellaneous items in the bag. The woman gave a phone number for one of the passengers, but the call went right to voice mail. She drove herself to UVMC for treatment, the items were placed into property and Butler Twp. Police were informed of the situation.

6:33 p.m. – To McKaig Ave. at the railroad tracks for a report of a found license plate. The officer found the plate in the grass and contacted the owner. The owner said that the plate was on the dash of her vehicle, and she believes that someone broke into it and stole only the plate. It was returned to her.

7:45 p.m. – To Cloverleaf Dr. for a report of phone harassment. A woman reported that she no longer wants her father or his wife to contact her any more. They were contacted and warned of phone harassment and they said they understood. The wife immediately called the woman again. The officer called the wife back and she did not answer. He left a message stating that if they called the woman again, they would be charged with telephone harassment.

11:36 p.m. – Traffic stop on Drury Ln. at S. Ridge Ave. The driver had been stopped several times and cited for driving under suspension. The driver said that her privileges were returned earlier today, but she did not have the paperwork with her. She was cited for driving under suspension, the vehicle was left parked and the driver and her passenger (whose license was also suspended) walked home.

Tuesday, June 28

2:44 a.m. – Traffic stop on Saratoga Dr. The driver said he had no license. He said he had just moved here from North Carolina, but his license there had been suspended. He was cited for no operator’s license and called for a driver to pick up the vehicle.

4:57 a.m. – To Drury Lane to assist the Troy Fire Department with a vehicle fire. The officer arrived to find a dark green Dodge Dakota engulfed in flames. The arson investigator arrived on the scene and took over the investigation.

Wednesday, June 29

9:16 a.m. – To S. Market St. for a report of an attempted breaking and entering. A man advised that the rear door had been damaged some time since 4:00 the previous afternoon. It did not appear that anyone made entry.

10:47 a.m. – A woman came to the Police station with a phone harassment complaint. She said that a female subject keeps calling her despite the fact that she was asked not to do so. The subject was warned for telephone harassment.

3:29 p.m. – An officer saw a disabled vehicle on W. Main St. near I-75. Due to heavy traffic, he stopped behind the vehicle and activated his emergency lights. The driver said she had a flat tire and that help would be there in 10-15 minutes. After more than 20 minutes, she was asked to call the person to see where they were. She said that her friend was on the highway. She was advised that the vehicle needed to be moved quickly. About 10 minutes later, the driver told the officer that she had to call AAA and that a tow truck would be there in 20 minutes. After a wait, the officer called AAA and they were expected to be there around 5:00 p.m. The officer told AAA that was not acceptable and contacted dispatch for the next available tow. The truck arrived within 5 minutes. The driver became irate and began screaming and swearing. She said she did not have any money to get the vehicle back and didn’t know why it had to be towed. She was advised that her vehicle could not continue blocking traffic, and that the officer had been there for over an hour. While the tow truck was preparing to drive away, the AAA tow truck arrived, which infuriated the driver even more. She was advised that she would have to settle with the first driver to allow the AAA driver to take the vehicle. She removed her belongings from the vehicle.

4:23 p.m. – A Walker St. man called to report that he is on vacation and learned that a large sum of money was taken from his account. He said that he received phone calls from people with foreign accents laughing about stealing the money. He said that his bank was likely to refund his money and asked that the incident be documented.

6:05 p.m. – To Rudy Dr. for a report of found property. A man reported finding a gun on his property. The gun was submitted into property.

8:19 p.m. – To Stephenson Dr. for a report of a found item. A needle was found on the side of the road, mixed with other trash. It appeared that someone had cleaned out their vehicle. The needle was submitted into property.

9:15 p.m. – Traffic stop on W. Main at Weston. The driver was cited for expired registration.

10:13 p.m. – To S. Stanfield Rd. for a report of a disturbance. The officer arrived to find a woman sitting in her vehicle. She smelled slightly of an alcoholic beverage and admitted to drinking a few beers earlier in the night. She completed field sobriety tests to the best of her ability and was arrested for OVI.

Thursday, June 30

9:25 a.m. – To Trade Square W. to assist a squad. The subject who needed assistance had passed away. The body was released to the funeral home by the Coroner.

1:16 p.m. – To W. Main St. for a report of a found item. A bicycle had been in the bushes in front of the business for about four days. It had not been reported stolen, so it was submitted into property.

2:34 p.m. – To McKaig Ave. for a report of an overdose. The officer located gel capsules used for heroin, syringes and other drug paraphernalia and prescription drugs were found. The patient was revived with Narcan and transported to UVMC. Multiple charges of drug abuse, permitting drug abuse, possession of drug abuse instruments, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of dangerous drugs were filed against three people involved. A fourth was arrested on an outstanding warrant.

4:45 p.m. – To W. Main St. for a report of a hit/skip private property accident. A male subject told the store manager that a vehicle towing a trailer had struck a gas pump. He handed the manager a piece of paper with a license number on it. The officer could not get a return on the plate number. The pump had a piece of broken plastic and looked like it had been struck by something. Surveillance video was viewed, but the officer couldn’t see where anything had struck the pump.

7:45 p.m. – A man came to the police station to report that his daughter may have been abused by her mother’s new husband. The daughter was taken to Children’s Hospital for further evaluation. The case was turned over to the Detective section.

10:11 p.m. – To S. Market St. A man had reportedly fallen due to his level of intoxication, and the RP was afraid of the man. The officer arrived and recognized the subject. He was sitting on the ground with money in his hand. He smelled strongly of an alcoholic beverage, had urinated himself and he slurred his words. He asked why the officer was talking to him, and he was advised that he had fallen into another person’s vehicle. He at first denied it, but then said he fell because of his new boots. He would not tell where he lived and he refused a ride several times. He was advised that he could leave, provided that he did not stumble onto the street or someone’s yard. He walked to the sidewalk and then into the street. He was then placed under arrest for disorderly conduct. The subject gave a non-existent address on County Rd. 25A. He was transported to the Miami County Jail.

Friday, July 1

2:09 a.m. – Traffic stop on Plum St. at Grant St. The officer could detect the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from inside the vehicle and the driver’s eyes were red and watery and his speech was slurred. He said that he had picked up some friends at a bar, but he denied drinking anything at the bar. He failed field sobriety tests and was placed under arrest for suspicion of OVI. As the passengers were exiting the vehicle, the officer smelled marijuana. They said that they did not have any contraband, and when asked if they could be searched, one said “I don’t see why you need to search us.” A search was conducted and one passenger had marijuana on his person. The driver was taken to the police station for a breath test and he refused it. He was cited for OVI and a stop sign violation.